Friday, June 19, 2009

"Here Comes the Rain Again...

Falling on my head like a memory. Falling on my head like a new emotion."

This morning as I was driving to work I felt a new feeling, well at least one I haven't felt in awhile. Contentment. God is working in my life. I feel like he is trying to teach me to be content with my situation and surroundings.

I was driving East on NE 8th Street in Bellevue. On my way to work after dropping Cooper off at daycare. It was a beautiful sight. I wish I could've taken a picture. Both sides of the street are lined with a plethora of trees. There is also a center lane with quite a few trees. It was raining and I could see fog covering the tops of the high rises in downtown Bellevue(where I work). It's the kind of day where it would be wonderful to just curl up with a blanket and a book listening to the pitter patter of raindrops on the windows. It was so calming, even though there were many cars around me, quite a few stop lights, and many people hustling down the sidewalks with their umbrellas out trying to avoid the rain. I suddenly felt content. I was instantly reminded that I am lucky enough to live in one of the most beautiful places on Earth. I'm forever trying to see new places and change my surroundings or situation in life, but this morning I realized that sometimes it's okay to stay still and let things become calm and normal. Thank you Lord for showing me in such a wonderful way.

Today, my heart is happy. I have a wonderful extended family and great friends. I have an amazing husband and an adorable son. I have a job, a home, food, warmth, etc. I have it good. Hopefully the next time I'm feeling like I need something new or need a change I will come back to this post and remember what it is to be content.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment