Saturday, March 27, 2010

I love small towns...

I'm sitting here in my living room about to watch a movie. I have the front door and the windows open as it is an absolutely gorgeous day out.

I heard a car honk. This happens often on our little street as we are close to a school and a back way around a busy street. This time though, that simple honk struck me differently than it normally does. Perhaps because of the doors being open and it feeling like summer, perhaps not. I'm not really sure.

This particular honk made me jump to the window to see who it was. I don't think I've done that in years. This was a regular occurrence growing up in a small town. When someone honked on your street it typically meant that a friend was driving by and the honk was to say hello.

I miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment