Monday, September 28, 2009

Great Weekend!

This past weekend Craig, Cooper, and I went to Othello to celebrate my family's September & October birthday's. We were celebrating for Cooper turning 1. My nephew Aiden turning 2. My nephew Samson turning 3. My niece Camryn turning 5 and my Tio Fito whose age shall remain a secret ;).

We held the party at my sister Mandy's house. She is such an amazing hostess. She spent so much time and energy getting everything ready for us all. I really appreciate all she did. My Tia Cas was the head chef as usual! She is so awesome! She brought decorations that made it feel like a real party instead of just a nice get together.

Everybody came. My Grandma, my Mom, and all of my dad's siblings were there. Out of 12 cousins(including myself and my siblings) 9 of us were there. The other 3 had pretty good excuses as to why they couldn't make it. I had such a good time. I was apprehensive and nervous the whole week leading up to the event. It's never easy for Craig and I when we go to Othello, but I ended up having a great time in spite of my fears.

I can't believe how big all of the kids are getting. My niece Camryn is my favorite. I know I shouldn't have favorites, but this little girl has had me wrapped around her finger since she was born 5 years ago. I can't pin point what it is about her that makes me adore her so much, but I just can't help loving her to pieces. I love the others too, I just favor her. She is getting to be such a big girl. So smart and so beautiful. Cooper loves her about as much as I do. He had a great time with his cousins. Samson and Julian made him laugh so much. He gave Camryn more kisses than I've seen him give anyone. She is so gentle and tender with him. All 3 of Mandy's kids were. They have been since the moment they met him. They are pretty special kids.

Mandy sent us home with a car full of hand me downs in addition to all of the gifts Cooper received at the party. I can't thank her enough for everything she's given to us. She gave us a second forward facing car seat so Craig can have one in his car. She gave us tons of clothes. I'm not exaggerating that either. It might very well have been a ton ;). She gave us all kinds of toys and a jogger stroller. I'm still not sure how we fit it all into our car. She has such a giving heart. Thank you Mandy for everything you've done for me. I love you!

All in all, it was a pretty great weekend. It's been a long time since we've had a weekend that good. I love my family! You guys are awesome!

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment