Thursday, February 11, 2010

Scope

Yesterday I went to the Doctor's office to have an Upper Endoscopy procedure. I was a bit scared. Craig dropped me off. Roughly 30 minutes later I met the doctor. She explained everything that would happen and what she was looking for. Basically, she was going to stick a camera down my throat to see what was going on inside of my esophagus. I had been slightly anemic according to some previous test results and my doctor was worried that I was bleeding internally. They drugged me up and about 30 minutes after that they were waking me up and sending me home with Craig.Craig took me home and I slept from noon until 4:30pm. It was a great nap! The Doctor did tell Craig that she didn't see anything abnormal, but she did take a biopsy to test just in case. I should get the results from that in the mail in a few days. She doesn't expect to find anything wrong though. Thank goodness for the miracles they have in modern medicine. Still not sure why I was anemic though. Oh, well, at least I'm not bleeding internally.

Just thought I'd give you all an update. Sorry if it's TMI.

Love,
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment