Sunday, May 31, 2009

Things to come...

As I'm sitting here reminiscing the old times(I've been burning copies of the Angels Aware video from 1988). I can't help but think of things to come. I have several things in the works that I'm really excited about. So, in no particular order, here they are...

1. The Garza Family Reunion - I love spending time with family and I am so excited that we get to incorporate a vacation into doing so. I'm particularly excited to see family that I haven't seen in a really long time. Good times are ready to be had.

2. Sunday evening Bible study - I've been wanting to be involved in a Bible study for a long time. I found out that some of my friends from church have been wanting to be involved in one too, but for some reason we just haven't found the right one. Well, starting next Sunday evening at 5:30pm we're meeting at Becca's house to get one started. We're going to be meeting every other Sunday evening. I'm so excited! Dave has graciously accepted the role of head guy in charge. He's putting together some ground rules and getting us started on the right path. I don't think I can thank him enough. I know we're going to have some great discussions, learn some great things that we haven't thought about before and have some really great BBQ's or potlucks. Thanks guys!

3. Watching the Lakers vs. Magic game on Saturday with Dave. I really love hanging out with Maren and her parents. They make me think in a whole new way. I love how accepting they are and know they love me as much as I love them.

4. Heading down to Grandma's to help Aunt Kathy and the fam do some much needed house/yard work in July. Normally I wouldn't be so eager to jump in and help out with cleaning gutters and such, but Grandma's house is one of my favorite places to go. It is so peaceful there. Not to mention helping Grandma will be rewarding. I hope someday I have children and grandchildren that will help me out when I need it.

5. Spinning class with Molly. I am so grateful to have a friend that is helping me get jump started with working out. Luckily I have a membership to the same gym chain as Molly. She's been going to spinning classes for 2 weeks now and has inspired me to get a move on. I hope I can keep up!

It seems as though there are a lot more things I'm looking forward to, but for some reason they are slipping my mind. I think that's enough things to keep me happy and looking ahead for awhile at least. I hope you all have things that you are eagerly anticipating as well.

Have a great week!

Love,
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. yay, ames! sounds like you have a lot of exciting things coming up! i'm glad for the bible study and i'm extremely excited to have a partner for spinning! it'll be hard at first, but just don't give up!!

    love you - i'm proud of the amazing and devoted wife and mother you have become.

    ReplyDelete